Saturday, June 14, 2008

This week's findings

Just an example what I found this week which was quite typical. Everything from two 100 yen stores:
- pineapple
- 2 cantaloupe melons
- 12 grapefruits
- 10 lemons
- 10 apples
- 6 tomatoes
- 3 oranges
- 2 packs of potatoes
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 6 nagaimo (japanese root similar to potato)
- 2 daikons (japanese radish)
- 5 packs of pak choi
- 3 big iceberg lettuce
- 2 packs of tofu
- 3 packs of cookies
- 6 packs of fresh pasta (I usually freeze it at the same day and use it latter)
- 10 packs of onigiri with azuki beans
and some other small things that I don't remember :-)

5 comments:

Nobby said...

Heya. I've dumpster dived in Florida but never in Tokyo so I was looking for info and BAM and ran into your site. I should check out the 100 yen store by my house.
heh

LiDi said...

Yes, you can try :-) I'm leaving Tokyo very soon and can give you address of the best dumpster diving 100yen shop ever ;-)

Nobby said...

Yeah the 100 yen stores by my house lock their trash. Let me know which 100 yen shop u goto! If you havent left tokyo yet we should hang out!

LiDi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hugh said...

Tokyo must be an awesome place to be a Freegan. Actually Japan in general would be pretty cool for Freeganism, except for the locked bins.

I wonder what the other cities in japan are like? Shizuoka for instance might have some nice dumpsters outside the local grocery stores.